- Model: Axio Scan.Z1
- Manufacturer: Zeiss, Germany
- How to apply for a service: Appointment
Instrument information and technical parameters
- Fully automatic digital slide scanning system.
- Motorized fluorescent light source HXP 120V.
- The 10-position filter wheel contains the No. 38 (GFP), No. 43 (DsRed), No. 49 (DAPI), No. 50 (Cy5) and No. 64 (mPlum) filter sets.
- Objective lens: Fluar 5x, Plan-Apochromat 10×, 20×, 40×.
- Automatic sample loading compartments; the number of single-load slides is not less than 100, for 26 mm x 76 mm slides.
- Hitachi HV F202 color 3CCD camera (for bright field imaging) and Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash 4. 0 monochrome high sensitivity sCMOS camera (for fluorescence imaging).
Instrument functions, characteristics and applications
- High-quality, fast, high-throughput digital scanning and processing of tissue sections, simplifying the process of high-throughput screening, saving labor and time costs of experiments, and improving the efficiency and stability of batch experiments.
- Fast imaging with a bright field scan area of 15 mm x 15 mm and a resolution of 0.22 um/pixel for less than 4 minutes.
- High-throughput scanning with a single-load slide of no less than 100 sheets, additional sample loading could be applied continuously.
- Tray-type sample holder design, leave great freedom for thickness and integrity of slides.
- High efficient light path and shading correction system for non-stitching trace imaging of fluorescent samples.
- Large-scale pathological tissue sections, HE, IHC and other staining results scan.
- Whole-tissue multi-channel fluorescent protein, immunofluorescent-labeled section scans.
- Rare event searching.
- Whole brain-scale neuron tracking.